Judge Event Day Details
Judges! Please join us at 8:15 a.m. for opening ceremonies. Check-in opens at 7:30 a.m. The schedule and map are below, followed by instructions for judges self-training. You will judge two Formal Presentations (FP) in the morning and one Collaborative Question (CQ) in the afternoon. The event finishes at 4:00 p.m.
Regis University, Mountain View Room
7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. Registration
8:25 a.m. – 9:35 a.m. Welcome and Introductions
Overview of the WAC and Speakers:
- Jonny 5 of the Flobots
- Dan Wessner, “Toilets, Filters, and Seeds”
- Andrew Romanoff, iDE, Denver’s potential to lead w/ “incubation, demonstration, education”
9:35 a.m. – 11:35 Two rounds of Formal WAC Presentations
11:35 a.m. – 1:05 p.m. Box luncheon and Speakers:
- Heather Zhou, Jeppesen/Boeing Women in Leadership, “China, technology and innovation”
- Netta Ophir, Bridges to Prosperity, “47 to 5-learning how to partner”
- Javier Pineda, 2X WAC Summit County Winner, “WAC and my life and education”
- John Pirkopf, Global Livingston Institute, “Listen. Think. Act.”
1:05 p.m. – 2:20 p.m. Collaborative Questions
2:20 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Presentation of Winning CQ and WAC Presentations
Awards Ceremony and Closing
Thanks and Review with the Judges
Campus Map – Mountain View Room The Mountain View Room is in Claver Hall on the NW side of Regis University campus (3333 Regis Blvd. Denver, CO) You can exit at Lowell from I-70 and head north. Please park in Lot 4 and look for signs and volunteers directing you to the Mountain View Room.
2013 World Affairs Challenge Planning Guide - This is the document that we give to team leaders that really explains what is expected of participating teams. It includes the grading rubrics that judges will be using on the event day, and a bunch of information that can help you out in being the best judge you can be! We highly recommend reading through this document before starting the training videos below. When you do watch the videos, have those rubrics on hand because they are referred to quite often.
Click here to register to be a judge.
Judge Training Videos