WAC ResourcesUpdates coming Soon
It is the goal that WAC teachers and mentors serve primarily as coaches helping students prepare for the Challenge. Students should feel empowered to take the lead as much as they are able and willing, and encouraged to take ownership over their own success.
In order to help teachers facilitate international learning and prepare students for the Challenge, WAC provides extensive support materials, linked below:
Pathfinder: our version of research materials including: entry level research, articles, video, book lists, and news related to the topic of focus.
WAC Teacher Packet: complete with timeline checklists, tentative event day schedule, and planning guide for WAC 2017/2018.
WAC Activities Guide: providing WAC related activities to spark learning for students, prepare mentors, and aid teachers with lesson plans and curriculum.
Challenge Preparation Materials: linked below for quick access.
Optional Activities or Field Trips:
Visit the Posner Center for International Development and hear from development professionals working to address international challenges every single day. Set up your field trip by emailing email@example.com
Set up a field trip to Denver Public Library to enhance student researching skills. Set up your field trip by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
And more: Interesting, relevant events and news, access to WAC highlighted current events, and additional reading lists.
Additional information and resources that may be helpful in WAC planning and research:
- The 2016 Theme: Smart Village.
- Interesting, relevant events and news posted to our Facebook page. One article, video, or event posted each #WACWednesday.
- The WAC 2015 “How to WAC” provides a basic understanding of the WAC phases. You'll see an updated version of this called WAC Activities Guide coming soon.
- The WAC 2015 Teacher Planning Guide includes WAC history and general information, team-building strategy, student preparation suggestions, judging criteria and grading rubrics, and tips for success. Information for 2016 coming soon.
- Event Media shows videos and pictures from recent WAC competitions and programming. These provide great insight as to what students might expect on the day of WAC competition/presentation and with the shorter "exchange videos."