If you are convinced that global awareness, collaboration, problem-solving and communication are essential in tomorrow’s workforce and its leaders–or if you just want to work with some awesome students and outrageous thinkers—consider becoming a part of WAC. There are many ways to get involved.
- Compete If you’re in middle school or high school and you’re passionate about what’s going on inthe world, get a group of friends and sign up here.
- Teach If you’re a teacher at the middle school or high school level and you’re passionate about teaching global affairs, sponsor a team. Or, if you teach at a different level or can’t form a team, help mentor another team or become a judge.
- Judge Want to witness some awesome kids with outrageous ideas? Can you give one Saturday a year? Then become a judge. Who knows—you might just find your next merit scholar, CEO or UN Ambassador.
- Mentor If you are part of a university, corporation or nonprofit that is interested in developing tomorrow’s global leaders, consider becoming a mentor. Mentors help student teams broaden their global awareness, improve their research skills, strengthen their solutions, and polish their presentations. Mentors also work with individual students to set up formal mentorships and internships.
- Support Believe in our cause? Help support these students through a donation. Funds help support mentoring opportunities, underwrite the competition, and fund scholarships and learning abroad programs for outstanding students.